It has been a busy season and uncommon to the British Isles we've had lots of blue skies and sunny days which seem to have lifted everyone's mood. We've been on the beach, summer dresses were finally out of the wardrobe and days have been filled with fun, friends and family.
As this is the Style File I thought I'd share with you a few of the gems I couldn't be without this summer.
- Turkish cotton towel. Not just for the beach, this versatile towel had been great for pool days, picnics and snuggling under!
- Self Tan. I admit, I'm no bronzed beauty and sunbathing isn't great for the skin. So before the summer dresses come out, I like to add a bit of colour with a self tan. This summer I used 'Summer Legs' by L'Oreal. It was easy to use, had a pleasent scent and gave a natural even colour.
- Cleanse and Polish. I treated myself to Liz Earle's 'Cleanse and Polish' this summer. I don't like to wear a lot of make up in hot weather and I found this product great for keeping my skin in good condition and looking fresh.
- The 'T'. This summer I discovered 'Steamer Lane', a surf inspired brand who produce their own range of stylish T shirts. The quality of the print is excellent and the cotton is soft, cool and high quality. I love the turned up sleeve feature too. You need to visit 'Steamer Lane' - I will be... again!
- Shades. There was actually some sunshine this summer and a good pair of shades was very useful, especially in the car.
- Jelly Shoes. I will forever be an 80's child and when I saw this pair of silver jelly shoes from 'Sun Jellies' they were hard to resist. Comfortable, easy to wear and they went with everything. I also bought my daughter and two sons a pair - invaluable for their beach holiday in Cornwall.
Where to find these summer goodies...
Towel and sunglasses from www.kukshades.com
Cleanse and Polish from www.lizearle.com
L'Oreal Summer Legs - available widely, mine was from Boots.
Tee shirt from www.steamerlane.co.uk
Jelly shoes from www.sunjellies.com
Enjoy the rest of your summer,